Soft muffins overflowing with mini chocolate chips makes this bakery favorite an accessible homemade delight whether for breakfast, brunch or an afternoon snack. These Gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins are allergy-friendly since they’re free of: gluten, dairy, egg, soy, peanut & tree nuts. They’re also top-8-free!
I made a goal this last New Year’s to make a fresh, homemade bath of muffins every Sunday. You might think it’s a silly goal, but if a goal involves additional food (not dieting!) then I will take it seriously!
I mostly did this because our church time moved from 9am to 1pm. HALLELUJAH. Talk about a Sabbath miracle. Every year our time changes to accommodate others who use our same church building, so that we all rotate. #LDS But let me tell you, that 9am was ROUGH. I am not a morning person. I enjoy slow mornings, and what a better morning than baking and enjoying a fresh muffin straight out of the oven?
If you’ve been following me for a bit, you’ll know that my muffin obsession runs deep. It’s an unfrosted cupcake, or a mini cake–really whatever way you want to look at it–that is socially acceptable for breakfast.
I have a fabulous round up for 20+ Allergy-friendly muffins. This has kept me going until about March. But then, like it always does, the show This Is Us inspired me. And no, it did not inspire me to throw out my slow cooker. Haha. But the last episode it showed Jack making chocolate chip pancakes. And I thought that looked mighty tasty. And since it was almost Sunday–I thought I’d combine the two, since putting chocolate chips in anything is a great idea, especially my beloved muffins.
The dough practically tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough, so I figured we were already winning. I’ve made these three times and one of my sons has declared this his new favorite muffin–which is saying a lot since we’re basically muffin connoisseurs.
Whether you have muffins every lazy Sunday morning like we do–or you do it every once in awhile–promise me you’ll make these! If you recently were diagnosed with wheat, dairy or egg allergies and you’ve wondered if you can ever enjoy a muffin again, I answer that with a resounding yes! Don’t let the fact that you have food allergies or food restrictions keep you from this delectible breakfast treat ever again.
Happy muffin-ing! If that’s a thing. If it’s not, it should be. And no, I don’t mean the thing my stretched out stomach does to my pants. #thanks3kids #justkiddingitsfromallthemuffins #butiblamethekidsanyways
What are you waiting for? Go make these gluten-free vegan-allergy-friendly-chocolate-chip muffins!
- 2 and ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 vegan eggs (I used 3 tsp egg-replacer powder + 4 Tablespoons warm water)
- 1 cup rice milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups vegan chocolate chips (more or less to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin tin.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream both sugars with the softened vegan butter.
- Next add the wet ingredients: the vegan eggs, rice milk and vanilla.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda, xanthan and salt.
- Finish by adding in the flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand, so they don't get crushed in the mixer.
- Fill the muffins tins until full (you'll get 12 large muffins out of this recipe). Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is set.
- Allow the muffins to cool at least 5 minutes in the pan before turning them onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy and keep the rest in an air tight container.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN IT, SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT. ALSO, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER ALLERGY-FRIENDLY PINTEREST BOARDS.
Looking for other allergy-friendly muffins? Check out my other favorites: