No Bake Gluten & Dairy Free S’mores Parfaits look fancy and elevate your summer dessert game without hardly any work. They’re dairy free and gluten free to fit about any diet. With a fluffy marshmallow center, crumbly graham crackers and a hard chocolate shell on top, this is a feast for the eyes and all of the layers and textures are a feast for the mouth.
This post contains affiliate links.
Why I love this dairy free s’mores parfait:
I am a HUGE lover of all things s’mores. At girl’s camp as a youth, I literally held the title “S’mores Queen” because I could smash more s’mores in one night than any other girl. #StillProud But sometimes, you just want to pretty them up…but without a lot of effort. I’ve found the perfect way to do that. No bake, just use your microwave and BAM: a gorgeous dessert that is OH-SO-DECADENT. This is also great for summer dinner parties because it makes individual desserts that aren’t messy (unlike the real s’more counterparts).
Let me answer some frequently asked questions before we get to the recipe to ensure this is a success.
How is this s’mores parfait gluten free?
If you need this s’mores parfait to be gluten free like we do, make sure to use a gluten free graham base. My three favorites are: Schar, Enjoy Life Graham Cookies, and Kinnikinnick. If you don’t need it to be gluten free, go ahead and use your favorite brand of regular graham crackers. We’re all about options!
How is this s’mores parfait dairy free?
We have dairy allergies, so I had to make sure this was dairy free. If you need it to be dairy free too, here’s what you can use:
- I use vegan butter in the graham crackers crumbs
- I use a dairy free cream cheese in the marshmallow layer. We like tofutti or go veggie. If you can’t do soy, there’s a coconut based one by daiya.
- I use a dairy free whipped topping called Coco Whip.
- I use dairy free chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life).
- Click here to list a list of which marshmallows are dairy free
- All of these specialty ingredients can be found at specialty stores like Whole Foods, Amazon (links above!), Sprouts, Natural Grocer and the like.
- If you don’t need this to be dairy free, go ahead and use regular butter, regular cream cheese and regular whipped topping in the same measurements.
Is this s’mores parfait vegan/marshmallow questions?
One would think because this parfait is dairy free and egg free that it would be vegan. The hang up comes in the marshmallows because marshmallows have gelatin (an animal product). You’re welcome to try the recipe with a vegan marshmallow like dandies, but I haven’t personally tested it with those so I can’t say how well it will turn out. Otherwise, marshmallows should be allergy friendly in any other way if that is a concern of yours. I’ve used Kraft and generic brands and all labels have been fine for us.
Is this s’mores parfait allergy friendly?
Yes! It’s free of many of the major top 8 allergens. It’s wheat/gluten free, dairy free, egg free, peanut and tree nut free. We have a lot of food allergies at our house, so I like to bake to the lowest common denominator so that we can all enjoy the same dessert.
Do you have any other allergy friendly s’more dessert recipes?
Well of course I do! S’mores are only the most heavenly summer dessert there is! Here are my other gluten, dairy, egg and nut free s’more recipes:
And, I’m recipe testing some s’mores cupcakes, so stay tuned and make sure you follow my social media to see the latest and greatest.
How do you assemble these gluten free s’mores parfaits?
There’s really no official rule to how you assemble this. You can use shot glasses, wine glasses (like I did), or even make one big one in a pie plate. The choice is yours.
Do you like lots of crust? Or a little crust? A large marshmallow center, or a thin marshmallow center? Make them how you like them. And, if you run out of a certain layer, you can always double it or make more to fit your needs. Have fun and most importantly enjoy.
How do you store these allergy friendly s’more parfaits?
Once you’re done assembling them, keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them. They can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days, in case you need to make them ahead of time.
Can I see a video of how you make these?
Sure! Lately, I’ve been trying to make informal videos showing how I make my recipes. They are published to my TikTok as well as saved to my Instagram Story Bubbles.
@allergyawesomeness##s’mores ##nobake parfaits that are ##glutenfree & ##dairyfree ##greenscreen ##learnontiktok ##tiktokpartner ##foodallergies ##smores♬ original sound – Megan Lavin
No Bake Gluten & Dairy Free S'mores Parfaits
No Bake Dairy Free S'mores Parfaits look fancy and elevate your summer dessert game without hardly any work. They're dairy free and gluten free to fit about any diet. With a fluffy marshmallow center, crumbly graham crackers and a hard chocolate shell on top, this is a feast for the eyes and all of the layers and textures are a feast for the mouth.
- One 5.6oz box of Schar Honeygrams (See post for other options)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter (see post) or coconut oil
- One 10-oz package of mini marshmallows (see post)
- 4 ounces dairy-free cream cheese (see post)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One 9oz container of CoCo Whip (thawed in the fridge beforehand)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE INGREDIENTS:
- A very important first step is making sure that your CocoWhip (or other whipped topping) is thawed. When I get it from the frozen section at my grocer, it is too frozen to use in this recipe. I find a day in the fridge will make it just the perfect consistency.
- In a food processor (or by hand) place the graham crackers, sugar and vegan butter. Pulse until it is crumbly and resembles the texture of sand. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or a large mixing bowl (and just use regular beaters) place your dairy free cream cheese.
- In a greased, deep microwave safe bowl, place your marshmallows. Microwave them for 45-60 seconds. You want them to be puffed and warm. Add them on top of the dairy free cream cheese and mix.
- Next add your powdered sugar, vanilla and CocoWhip. Mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary with a spatula. Set aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, place your chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave for another additional 30 seconds if the chips aren't melted all the way after stirring. Set aside.
- Assemble your parfaits. See the post above for details.
- Refrigerate your parfaits until you're ready to serve. They will set up further while they chill. They can last up to 3 days in the fridge, so you can make them ahead of time if desired.
Adapted from the talented My Baking Addiction's No Bake S'mores Cheesecake
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 790Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 121gFiber: 14gSugar: 63gProtein: 17g
DON’T FORGET TO PIN IT, SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT! WHILE YOU’RE THERE CHECK OUT MY THOUSANDS OF ALLERGY FRIENDLY PINS!
Have you been able to find top 8 free gram crackers/crumbs. I need soy free ones. I went to the amazon link and those ones say they have soy in them.
Hi Michelle, I’m glad you’re already checking out the recipe. Did you read the gluten free paragraph above? I give three options for gluten free graham crackers and I’m almost certain the Enjoy Life ones are soy free as well. Hope that works for you!