A hearty chili filled with chicken and beans, topped with crushed tortilla chips make a satisfying soup for a cold winter night. Dump it in the crock pot before work and have a homemade southwest soup waiting for you when you get home.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll proudly say it again. I’m a soup-aholic (seriously, I have 10+ soups on my site, plus 10 soups in my allergy friendly cookbook. I count down the days until colder weather and then at least twice a week have soup for dinner all winter long. I mourn when it’s too hot for soup in the summer and crave it like an addict. I’d have soup in the summer, but it drives my husband crazy so for marital bliss I sacrifice the sacred soup.
The warm broth base somehow fills every crevasse of my stomach and soul. The tender, shredded chicken is my boys’ favorite part and they’re not usually bean fans, but it all goes so well together that they end up eating it all. In fact, I love this slow cooker white chicken chili soup so much that I made it for Christmas Eve dinner for all of my family. It was such a busy day, making Christmas cookies for Santa, cleaning and hosting that I wanted an easy dinner that would still impress and fill everyone. This flavorful soup was the perfect antidote to a very sugared out group.
A great riff on a classic chicken and broth based soup, this thinner chili will become your crock pot or slow cooker’s best friend.
Don’t forget the crushed tortilla’s on top. Since the beans and chicken are soft, they give a great, salty, crunch! And, for the grand finale, I love a little scoop of guacamole to stir in to give it an extra punch and creaminess. Now, go forth and enjoy you some delicious Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili!
LOOKING FOR MORE GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE SOUPS?
Try these other allergy friendly soups:
- Instant pot loaded potato soup
- Instant pot chicken & wild rice soup
- Allergy friendly taco soup
- Gluten free Thai Coconut Soup
- Instant pot potato & sausage soup
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans white beans, undrained
- 1 large can diced green chiles (I use mild, but you can use what heat preference you like)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and minced*
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Crushed tortilla chips for topping
- Cilantro for garnish
- Guacamole for garnish
- These are my favorite type of directions. Dump everything in the crock pot but the tortilla chips and cilantro.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, shred the chicken and return to the soup. Adjust the salt as needed (I find this needs a lot of salt, depending on how salty your broth is to begin with.)
- When serving garnish with tortilla chips and cilantro.
*Jalepenos can vary in their heat, so pay attention when you're cutting yours to how strong it is. Sometimes I'll just use half a jalenpeno, especially if I'm serving mild eaters.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 733mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g