- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice milk
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your gluten-free flour already has this in the blend)
- LAVA (AKA chocolate pudding):
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups Boiling Water
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and turn to high.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Stir in the rice milk, coconut oil and vanilla until combined. Spread the batter evenly in the slow cooker.
- Over high heat, put 4 cups of water in a sauce pan and bring to a full boil.
- While it comes to a boil, take the bowl that had your cake mix in it and mix the sugar and cocoa. You can do this in a separate bowl, but I prefer to do less dishes. Sprinkle the combined mixture over the cake batter evenly.
- When the water is to a full boil, measure out 3 cups. You'll notice I had you boil 4, I like to do more to make sure that if any has evaporated by the time I get to it, I still have enough for the recipe. Pour the three cups of boiling water over the cake mix.
- Do not stir in the boiling water. Immediately put the lid on it and allow it to cook 2 hours to 2 hours 15 minutes. Each slow cooker is a bit different. Since you can't put a toothpick in it, since it's going to have the lava--aka chocolate pudding underneath the cake, look for the cake to start pulling away from the sides.
- Serve while it's still warm with a safe vanilla ice cream over it.
Pin it now, so you don’t loose it! And, be sure to check out my other allergy-friendly Pinterest boards!