A chewy, fudgy brownie topped with a creamy, sweetened SunButter layer and slathered with chocolate ganache will solve any chocolate craving. A triple threat, this triple layered dessert is rich and satisfying. This is free of: gluten, dairy, egg, peanut and tree nuts.
This post is sponsored by SunButter, all opinions are my own.
Ever since I discovered The BEST Gluten-free Vegan Brownies, I’ve been dreaming of topping them with something delicious. While brownies are simply amazing on their own, when you add extra layers they become out of this world.
Don’t worry–I don’t plan to stop here. I’m dreaming of topping them with all sorts of goodness, so be sure to stay tuned! I could play with brownie recipes all day. Especially when the base is SO FUDGY. These really are my favorite gluten free vegan brownies.
Back in my pre-allergy days, chocolate and peanut butter was one of my favorite combos. Thank goodness for SunButter, as I could reinvent peanut butter brownies with a safe alternative.
I chose to use Natural Crunch for this recipe, because with a soft brownie layer, I wanted some extra texture, but you can definitely go with your favorite kind of SunButter. I wouldn’t recommend the plain Natural, as it might be a bit too runny.
The only caution I’d give you is to be sure you have your safe milk alternative on hand, as these are super decadent. I say if you’re going to do dessert, go big or go home! There’s nothing worse than leaving the table after having dessert and not be satisfied.
I recently took these to a dinner party and they said they were so fudge like, and that they couldn’t believe they were gluten, dairy and egg free! You and any lucky person that you choose to share these with will also be shocked these are so allergy friendly and love them too.
- Brownie Layer:
- 1 and ½ cups gluten free flour
- 1 and ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- 4 flax eggs (4 Tablespoons of ground flax mixed with 10 Tablespoons of warm water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- SunButter Filling:
- ¾ cup Creamy or Natural Crunch SunButter
- 4 ounces dairy-free cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (or more, depending on the thickness you like)
- 3 Tablespoons rice milk
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a square 9x9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients for the brownies.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seed meal and the water. Allow it to sit while you melt the coconut oil. In another small microwave safe bowl, put your measured coconut oil. Warm it in the microwave until it is melted. Pour both of the wet mixtures into the dry ingredients. Add the vanilla and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish, and flatten it with wet or greased hands.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how fudgy you like your brownies.)
- Allow them to cool completely.
- While they are cooling, make the 2nd layer. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine all of the filling except for the rice milk—being sure to scrap the bottom and sides. Slowly add the rice milk, until you reach your desired consistency. If it’s too thin, you can always add more powdered sugar. You’ll want this quite thick, as sitting on top of the brownies will soften the layer.
- Spread this onto the cooled brownies.
- Finally, in a small microwave safe bowl place the chocolate chips and shortening. Melt on medium heat for 20-30 seconds at a time, stirring after every time until the chocolate chips are completely melted. Pour the chocolate onto the SunButter layer and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place the brownies in the fridge to allow the chocolate ganache to harden. Cut into square and eat. Best if eaten right away. If you need to store them, they freeze great, or may keep for a day or two in an air-tight container.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS, SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT. BE SURE TO ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER ALLERGY-FRIENDLY PINTEREST BOARDS!
Looking for more chocolate recipes? Check out some of my other favorites: