What on earth can you eat for breakfast if you can’t eat the classics of gluten, dairy or eggs? Well, let me show you! I’ve made a list of some of my favorite gluten free dairy free egg free store-bought items for busy mornings, as well as tried and true recipes if you want to go homemade. From easy breakfasts to make ahead options, to fancier brunches, these gluten free dairy free egg free breakfast recipes includes a list of over 100+ ideas should give you plenty of ways to start your morning on the right foot.
This post contains affiliate links.
I want to thank my readers for helping me compile this gluten free dairy free egg free breakfast list. Sometimes, no matter how much you watch for new products, you find new things by talking to other allergy moms. Together we are stronger together. So, do me a favor, and if I missed your comment in my social media, or you have something new to add, add it in the comment section below (and adding a link to it is even better!). Thanks in advance.
Why We Have to Eat Gluten Free Dairy Free Egg Free
My son was a baby when he was diagnosed with a wheat food allergy, dairy food allergy and egg food allergy. I remember thinking that we might possibly starve. Those three food groups feel like they’re in everything–ESPECIALLY breakfast recipes. Add to it that my husband is gluten intolerant and I thought I might go crazy.
After years of practice, I’ve found there are still some really good staples that we can enjoy as a whole family. I like to cook to the lowest common denominator, and there’s some breakfast recipes we like SO MUCH that we even will have them for dinner (since our mornings are so rushed.) I hope whether you have food allergies, intolerances, are on an elimination diet, have Celiac disease, or a medical or lifestyle necessity that you’re able to find some new favorites and start your morning off right.
Important info before looking at the gluten free dairy free egg free breakfast recipes:
- PLEASE be sure to read the actual package in the store before you buy it, as recipes and manufacturing processes may have changed since the time of publishing and company websites aren’t always as up to date as actual labels.
- Also–there may be some suggestions I’ve either personally tried, or added because a reader submitted it that you might not agree with. And that’s OK. As people with food allergies, medical conditions, Celiac, vegan or other dietary restrictions, there is a huge spectrum of what we feel comfortable eating or giving a loved one. Some have to check manufacturing processes and some are OK with “may contain” or “certified” statements. This list is not something you have to follow, but simply a guide to help get the creative juices flowing, and to help you, not to shame you. So, please refrain from negative comments.
- If any of the homemade recipes call for a milk substitute, you can use any non-dairy milk you prefer. You’ll notice I always call for rice milk, because I believe that has the least after taste and is the easiest taste to mask. But, you’re welcome to use almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk or coconut milk. Whatever works for your individual diet. The same goes for the butter alternatives as well (we prefer Earth Balance).
- If there’s a recipe that calls for a gluten-free flour blend, you can use my homemade recipe, and if not, each individual recipe page should help guide you to a store bought option as well (I like to look for is made from white or brown rice flour, potato starch and tapioca starch). Be sure to read the text above the recipe card. In my recipes, I never call for almond flour making all of my recipes nut free as well! I also stay away from more rare type of flours, like cassava flour or coconut flour just for simplicity and budget.
- Do these work as a vegan option? Yes and no. Technically, all of these recipes should be vegan as well, since they don’t have dairy products or egg products, therefore eliminating animal products. However, there are many vegans who don’t like to eat something unless they’ve checked all of the sourcing and manufacturing to ensure no animals were used at any portion. So, before feeding any of these to vegans, be sure to check with them on their comfort level.
- I’ve tried to add links to any that I can, so you can personally check them out before shopping for them. Some I couldn’t find, but hopefully this will still be helpful. None of these are sponsored.
I hope that this long list of delicious gluten-free dairy-free egg-free breakfast recipes will help you all enjoy breakfast once again, after all: it’s the most important meal of the day. Despite your food intolerances, I hope you can find something new and maybe something store bought that will make your mornings go a bit easier. Whether you have a sweet tooth, and you want something like homemade donuts or waffles, or something savory like faux egg frittatas there should be something for everyone.
You may find you’re like us, and you like these recipes so much, that no matter the time of day, you’ll eat them. Now that we some recipes we can’t get enough of, we have them as a special breakfast-for-dinner as they’re too good to only eat in the mornings!
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE HOMEMADE PANCAKES
- Gluten Free Vegan Fluffy Pancakes
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes (refined sugar free)
- Gluten Free Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Pancakes
- Gluten Free Vegan Spiced Apple Oatmeal Pancakes (uses oat flour)
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE STORE BOUGHT PANCAKES
EGG FREE DAIRY FREE GLUTEN-FREE WAFFLES
- Blender SunButter, Banana & Buckwheat Waffles (Will need a waffle iron)
- Nature’s path frozen waffles
- Van’s gluten free waffles
- Hungry Harry’s pancake & waffle mix
- Simple Truth
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE HOMEMADE MUFFINS
- Cinnamon Swirl Muffin
- Chocolate Chip Muffin
- Pumpkin Muffin
- Blender Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin
- Healthy Double Chocolate Muffin
- Cinnamon Applesauce Muffin
- Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffin
- Sunbutter, Banana & Honey Muffin
- Banana Bread Muffin
- Peach Muffin
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffin
- Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin (great way to use up ripe bananas!)
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE STORE BOUGHT MUFFINS
- Abe’s Mom’s gluten free vegan muffins
- Hungry Harry’s muffin mix
- Katz English muffins
- Bobo’s gluten free muffins (multiple varieties)
- Alyssa’s Vegan Bites
tree nut free; top 8 free) Breakfast recipe by AllergyAwesomeness.com” width=”720″ height=”1009″>
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE DONUTS
I have yet to find any store bought brands of doughnuts that are gluten, dairy and egg free. Hopefully one of these days. Until then, grab yourself a donut pan and make these:
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE BAGELS
Unfortunately, most gluten-free bread products use egg. I have only ever found one egg free brand.
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE “EGGS”
Vegan eggs that resemble scrambled eggs/can be eaten on their own:
- Gluten, dairy and egg free breakfast casserole (so good!)
- Follow Your Heart,
- JUST Egg
- homemade tofu scramble
- Egg & Dairy Free Faux Frittata Cups
- (Don’t forget the hot sauce if you’re like my husband!)
Vegan eggs for egg substitutes / baking replacements (not eaten on their own):
- Bob’s Red Mill
- Flax eggs
- Ener-G Egg
- Chia seed
- Applesauce (1/4 cup per egg you’re replacing)
- Mashed banana (1 ripe banana per egg you’re replacing)
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE HOT CEREAL
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE CEREAL
- Chex (various flavors–rice, corn, cinnamon, vanilla)
- Cheerios (various flavors)
- Malt-o-Meal Crispy Rice
- Malt-o-Meal Cocoa Dyno Bites
- Lucky Charms or Lucky Charms Clusters
- Fruity Pebbles
- Nature Path’s Whole O’s (oat free)
tree nut free; top 8 free) Breakfast recipe by AllergyAwesomeness.com” width=”1621″ height=”2269″>
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE FRENCH TOAST
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE YOGURT
- So Delicious coconut yogurt
- Silk soy yogurt
- Nancy’s Oat Yogurt
- Kite milk yogurt
- Yoplait dairy free gogurts
- Chobani Oat Yogurt
- Oui coconut milk yogurt
*Some of these brands have add-in granolas, so be sure to read labels to ensure if they have any add ins, that they are gluten free.
Grapefruit, bananas, berries, oranges, grapes, melons…any fruit is always a good, naturally allergy free option! Remember, that besides eating fruit as a stand alone, things like fresh berries are great as mix-ins or toppings to help switch up other breakfast recipes, like oatmeal and yogurt making them extra healthy recipes.
STORE BOUGHT PREPARED FRUIT
- Frozen fruit to add to oatmeal or smoothies
- Canned fruit
- Fruit cups in juice
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE HASH BROWNS
- Strong roots cauliflower hash browns
- Dr Pragaer’s hash browns
- Homemade hash browns
- Homemade Sautéed potatoes
- Homemade Gluten Free Dairy Free Bacon Breakfast Potatoes
*Many brands of hash browns are safe, but several have milk, so read labels for whatever is available near you
- Applegate Farms various products
- Many brands of bacon (both regular and microwavable) have been fine
- Ham steaks, or cubed ham
- Turkey sausage or turkey bacon
- Jone’s Farm
- Banquet sausage
- Smithfield sausage
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE GRANOLA
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE OATMEAL
- Gluten Free Vegan Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal (homemade! Makes an entire 13×9 so great for meal prep)
- Quaker Gluten Free Instant Oatmeal, Maple Brown Sugar
- Bob’s Red Mill certified gluten free quick cooking oats
- Nature’s Path Instant Oatmeal, Brown Sugar Maple Flavor
- Bob’s Red Mill certified gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- Bakery on Main Gluten Free Instant Oatmeal, variety flavors
- Oats in Coats Portable Oatmeal
- KIND Gluten Free Oatmeal
- ZEGO Double Protein Gluten Free Oats
*Be sure to water or a safe dairy-free milk alternative when making the oatmeal.
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE BARS
- Enjoy life breakfast ovals
- Enjoy life granola bars
- Nature’s bakery vegan fig bars
- Glutino Gluten Free Strawberry Oven Baked Bars
- Glutino Gluten Free Strawberry Toaster Pastry
- Goodie Girl gluten free vegan breakfast cookies / biscuits
- Bobo’s Gluten & Dairy Free Toasters (may contain traces of peanuts and tree nuts)
- Made Good (multiple varieties)
- Chewy No Bake Double Chocolate Granola Bars
- Oat Free + Top-8-Free Chocolate Banana Baked Granola Bars
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE BREAKFAST DRINKS
- Safe milk (flax, rice, oat, almond, cashew, coconut, soy, pea…etc.)
- Chocolate milk (Good Karma, Oatly, & Silk brands have a pre-made chocolate milk)
- Homemade chocolate milk (safe milk + Hershey’s syrup)
- Homemade vegan hot chocolate mix
- Homemade Chocolate Banana SunButter Breakfast Shake
- Swiss Miss dairy-free hot chocolate mix
- Coconut cloud vegan hot cocoa mix
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE TOAST
Unfortunately, most gluten free dairy free breads use egg. So, I’ve only ever found two store bought varieties.
Ener-G bread (multiple varieties)
- Cinnamon sugar toast
- Toast with safe spread (Peanut Butter, WowButter, SunButter…etc) + bananas
- Rice cakes with safe spread
- Avocado toast
- Toast with safe butter spread + jam/jelly
- Patriotic Toast
GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE EGG FREE BREAKFAST ITEMS
- Breakfast tacos (go crazy with your favorite toppings and use corn tortillas, or any other favorite gluten free wrap/tortilla!)
- Daiya breakfast burritos
- Homemade Gluten Free Vegan Orange Rolls (made with a mix!)
- Homemade Pumpkin Gluten-Free Scones with Spiced Glaze
USUALLY SAFE CONDIMENTS
Be sure to read each brand, as recipes can differ from company to company.
- Peanut Butter (if there are no nut allergies)
- Jubli Sesame Butter
- Most jams and jellies
- Earth Balance Buttery Spread or sticks (has soy)
- Earth Balance Soy Free Spread or sticks
- Tofutti soy cream cheese substitute
- Daiya coconut cream cheese substitute
- Nutiva (has hazelnuts)
- Violife vegan cream cheese
- Miyokos vegan cream cheese
I hope this list gives you plenty of great breakfast options for egg free dairy free gluten-free breakfast recipes your whole family will love. Bon appetit!