Need an easy, gluten-free, allergy-friendly, vegan, no-bake, finger food your kids can eat? That COULD be a tall order, but thanks to BFree, it’s super easy. Find out what’s in their newest creation: Sweet Wraps, and a few fun variations you can use to make a healthy, gluten free kids’ snack!
This post is sponsored by BFree. All thoughts are my own. This post also contains affiliate links.
I’ve been a fan of BFree for several years now, long before they ever knew who I was. I stumbled across them at my local Smith’s. You know the drill if you’re an allergy mom–you see something that looks like it could be allergy-friendly and you think to yourself: “Do I dare hope it could work for my allergy family? Do I go to the trouble to turn it over and read the label only to have my hopes dashed?” Well, I did try and to my delight it was free of all of our family’s allergens (which are a LOT!). It was their white rolls, and it was honestly the first time my son EVER had a roll. We used these not only as rolls, but as buns for sliders, sloppy joes…you name it.
So, when they told me about their new Sweet Wraps, I was all about trying it out and showing my dear readers so they had another store-bought, allergy-friendly option.
Let’s get down to business and answer all of the questions you might have on this new product:
What ingredients are in BFree’s Sweet Wraps?
- organic potato starch
- organic banana flour (14%)
- organic tapioca starch
- organic rice flour
- sweet potato flour (4%)
- thickening agents (xanthan gum, organic guar gum)
- organic sunflower oil
- organic apple juice concentrate (3%)
- organic lemon juice concentrate
- organic sourdough (quinoa)
- potato protein
- raising agents (mono calcium phosphate, sodium bicarbonate, calcium sulphate)
- apple fiber
- organic psyllium
- organic yeast
- sourdough (fermented rice & corn flour)
**Which makes them…drumroll please…free of the top eight allergens, vegan, no added sugar, and non-GMO.**
Are BFree’s Wraps actually soft and bendable?
I was very impressed with how bendable and soft the BFree Sweet Wraps were. I had them in my refrigerator and I was still able to roll them for the pictures, and then spend quite a bit of time taking the photos without them ever cracking or breaking…and I’m talking even having my son handle them–which says a lot!
When would be a good time to serve this gluten-free kid snack?
Since my recipe has whole grains, protein and fruit, it really can be enjoyed anytime. I wouldn’t feel bad about my kids eating it for their school lunches, as an after-school snack, or even for breakfast!
How else can I dress up this gluten-free Sweet Wrap for more variations?
Besides the nut or seed butter spread and a banana topping, you really can fill it with whatever fruit or veggie your child likes (or even try hiding a new one in it for them to try! Trust me, I’m a mom of four. #momhack)
- Yogurt is a good base that can also help fruits stick–you can do a soy or coconut yogurt if you can’t do regular milk.
- Jams are also delicious, as a base of their own, or along with the nut or seed butter your diet can handle.
- Hummus is a great savory base that would be delicious with roasted vegetables. I have a sesame free, from scratch recipe in my top 8 free cookbook
- Frozen fruit would work that way you can enjoy things that aren’t in season. Just be sure for little eaters they’re thawed and soft
- You could also use a safe mayo, and use deli meat. It’d also be delicious with a meat and cheese, if you can do cheese.
- Go crazy! I’d love to see your family’s favorite way to eat it. Be sure to tag me and @BFreeFoods so we can see it!
What other allergy-friendly products does BFree have?
They certainly didn’t ask me to do this, but since it’s a brand I’ve grown to trust, I thought I’d share what other products they have so you can be aware. You can also find a link to their product line here.
- Sliced White Loaf
- Sweet Potato Wrap
- Multigrain Wrap
- Quinoa and Chia Seed Wrap
- Soft White Sandwich Loaf
- Brown Seeded Sandwich Loaf
- Stone Baked Pizza Crust
- Multiseed Bagels
- Plain Bagels
- Soft White Rolls
- Brown Seeded Rolls
- Stone Baked Pita Breads
- Bake at Home Demi Baguette
- Sesame and Chia Crispbread
All of their wraps (including the Sweet Wraps) at now available at Walmart stores nationwide! Their products are also available in grocery stores across the country — to find a store near you that carries BFree, check out their store locator. You can also buy select BFree products on Amazon.
Who are gluten-free wraps good for?
Gluten-free wraps are great for those with celiac disease, wheat allergies, a gluten intolerance and even those who just want a variety of grains in their diet other than wheat. If you follow me on my Allergy Awesomeness Instagram, you saw my daughter chowing down on this (in her diaper, no less. Pray she’ll potty train soon!). Unlike her two older brothers, she has no food allergies, but I often like to feed her the same things so that I don’t have to worry about cross contamination or worry about someone feeling left out, and as you could see she was enjoying it!
How do I store BFree gluten-free wraps?
Because BFree products do not contain preservatives, they should be stored refrigerated or frozen, depending on when you plan to enjoy them. Refrigerated, they should be eaten within 2 weeks.
What are some other gluten-free kid snacks?
As I mentioned, I have four kids so snacks are something we have to keep flowing and plentiful. Here are some of our go-to gluten-free kid snack recipes:
- We LOVE muffins–they are a portable snack, and I have over 20 gluten free and allergy friendly muffin recipes
- Chewy Chocolate Gluten Free Granola Bars
- Allergy friendly store-bought snacks
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Energy Balls
- Homemade Nut Free Trail Mix
- Allergy Friendly School Lunch Ideas
DON’T FORGET TO PIN IT SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT!
- BFree Sweet Wraps
- Nut or Seed Butter Spread (use whatever is safe for your diet)
- Take a single wrap out of the package.
- Spread your nut or seed butter on top, almost to the edges to the thickness you desire
- Place a freshly peeled banana in the center
- Roll the wrap together.
- Eat as a wrap, or slice into little pinwheels for smaller hands
- Eat immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 614Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 524mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 7gSugar: 16gProtein: 13g